Zaloguj | Zarejestruj | FAQ
Anonymous

somone is auctioning with my domains content

+ Odpowiedz

somone is auctioning with my domains content

przez yerpz » Wt kwi 22, 2014 10:16 pm

hello

I own a web domain that is quite well known in certain circles.

The .com of the same name, that has been parked for years, is now being auctioned off at a price I certainly do to wish to pay.

This person is auto redirecting their .com domain to my website during the auction. So it looks like the .com is owned by and/or is in some way related to my company and website. in effect using my website as the content for this persons domain auction. The seller knows very well that this will increase bids.

Does this sound legal? It seems completely wrong to me.

Thank you for your help.

yerpz

Re: somone is auctioning with my domains content

przez yerpz » Wt kwi 22, 2014 11:04 pm

CubeSquare napisał(a):What does your Host say about this. Isn't this a breach of security? You are parked at the same Host, correct? It doesn't sound like this can be done unless it's parked somewhere where it's accessible. Because it seems like the obvious remedy is to get on there and be very rude to the intruder. Upset his auction. Show people what a fraud this perpetrator is. Bid outrageous prices. And they will leave quickly.

Also, after contacting your Host, call the police!

Hi thanks for your reply.

It is a different host company. This person is using what is known as a 'redirect'.

Anyone can instantly/automatically redirect their own website to any other website. for example:

If you bought pepsi.com and the pepsi company only had pepsi.org. You could auction pepsi.com and redirect buyers directly to the official pepsi website.

so when the buyers arrive to bid at your auction, they click on pepsi.com to check out the site they hope to bid for, but instead go straight to the offical pepsi.org website via the instant redirect.

Some people would therefore think the official pepsi company were auctioning off one of their sites. Upping the bids.

Sorry for using pepsi as an example, but it makes more sense this way.

yerpz

Re: somone is auctioning with my domains content

przez XainPro » Pt kwi 25, 2014 10:50 am

yerpz take some action before he commit fraud with someone the actions you can take are

1)Go to auction place and comment all the situation there.
2)In your Website At Top Heading On Main Page Write in bold letters that you are not selling This Domain it's FAKE Auction.
3)A bit technical way redirect all the requests coming from that domain to YAHOO.COM LOL :D.

Hurry up Do It before someone get robbed And Contact Seller and offer him a nice price what you can pay easily for that domain maybe he would be willing to sell this to you instead of going for auction.

XainPro

+ Odpowiedz

Strona 1 z 1