Zaloguj | Zarejestruj | FAQ
Anonymous

Various Queries

+ Odpowiedz

Various Queries

przez Cascade » Cz lis 25, 2010 12:44 am

I think I'm gonna need you guys!
I've been doing my websites in html for the last 15 years and I've recently upgraded from FrontPage to MsExpressions.
My sites still have all the old fashioned instructions in the code.
So querie one is: do I have to strip all this old code off my pages?
My next question is that I have been dabbling in trying to understand the CSS and I noticed that when I put some code in one page on my site it affects some of the other pages that I haven't even put the string of code in the head section yet - boy, I have over 500 pages in one of my sites, cripes I don't really want to go all the way through them all to find out if they're still OK - do I?
I think it's having an effect on my other sites too which are stored together by default in 'My Web Sites' I found this out as I was experimenting on CSS with a small 5 page site this evening and saved it, then I looked at another of my sites and two of the pages had changed!
Anyone know the answer here? I'd be really grateful for a reply.
Sorry to go on, I'll stop now ...... Steve

Cascade

Re: Various Queries

przez HTML.net » Cz lis 25, 2010 9:53 am

Hi Steve

Have a look at this document: http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... on_Web.doc

But are you sure you want to go in that direction? Consider to re-build your site using HTML and CSS - it shouldn't be that difficult (unless you use a lot of FrontPage Components?).

- Andreas, HTML.net

HTML.net
Site Admin

--
Show some love for HTML.net on Twitter, Facebook and Google: Use the buttons on top of all pages.

Re: Various Queries

przez Cascade » Cz lis 25, 2010 4:10 pm

HTML.net napisał(a):Hi Steve

Have a look at this document: http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... on_Web.doc

But are you sure you want to go in that direction? Consider to re-build your site using HTML and CSS - it shouldn't be that difficult (unless you use a lot of FrontPage Components?).

- Andreas, HTML.net

Thank you Andreas, I have downloaded the .doc and when I've finished this acknowledgement I will read it with vigour!
I thought I couldn't have FP and Expressions working together? The code looks very messy and there's yellow warnings all over it. I have the navigation bars from FP but that's all as my server doesn't have the FP extensions anymore so there's no other FP stuff on my site.
OK, time for .doc read, thank you, Steve

Cascade

+ Odpowiedz

Strona 1 z 1