Zaloguj | Zarejestruj | FAQ
Anonymous

How to install phpbb forum script for my existing website?

+ Odpowiedz

How to install phpbb forum script for my existing website?

przez jayavinoth » Cz maja 19, 2011 11:10 am

I want to install phpbb forum for my website, but I don't know where to install it! Can you clear me?

jayavinoth

Re: How to install phpbb forum script for my existing websit

przez HTML.net » Cz maja 19, 2011 11:15 am

It's all in the installation guide: http://www.phpbb.com/support/documents. ... &version=3

But I would advise you to learn HTML and some basic PHP before you start.

- Andreas, HTML.net

HTML.net
Site Admin

--
Show some love for HTML.net on Twitter, Facebook and Google: Use the buttons on top of all pages.

przez markiej » Cz paź 20, 2011 2:33 pm

Does anyone know if phpbb is included with Fantastico with any hosts? That would be by far the easiest way to install the forum.

Thanks

markiej

przez atik » Cz paź 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Fantastico is a great tool that allows you to easily install phpBB with 2 -3 clicks. It comes free with some hosting servers like Hostgator, dreamhost etc and many other hosting providers.

IF you have already logged into Fantastico application. Click on the phpBB link found on the left side of your screen under the discussion Boards.

You will see a phpBB installation screen.
Click on New installation.

Enter the name of the directory you want to install in or leave this field blank to install in the root directory. Enter the admin username and password in the respective boxes, enter a short description, admin email address, then click on install phpBB button and finally click finish installation.
That’s it, you have successfully installed phpBB in your account, now you can start configuring it.
Click on the link http://bestwebdesignz.com/forum/adm/ to login to your new installation.
Login using the username and password you assigned during installation.

You new installation is now listed here on the script’s home page. You can visit your site directly by clicking the Visit Site or remove the script from your account by clicking the Remove link.
That’s it, you now know how to install phpBB to your account from fantastico.

But to do so you must have basic knowledge on html,css and php http://html.net/tutorials/ . You can learn them from our site which will be very helpful for you in this manner.

atik

przez tylerehrman598 » So lis 26, 2011 5:03 am

Well for me I am not that enthusiastic when it comes to computer that's why I just google it and try to find in their some easy step to install this script.

tylerehrman598

przez clippittee » Wt lip 07, 2015 5:35 pm

Would be nice if there was a tutorial link here. Until now, I'm not able to figure this one out. Obrazek

clippittee

przez Chikwado » Pt lip 10, 2015 10:53 pm

It's a good idea to have basic knowledge of html, css, and php. Before you will be able to run that software. Installing phpbb is just as easy as that, I have it personally which i run in local server. It just like becoming a driver without having experience as a driver.

Chikwado

przez clippittee » Wt wrz 22, 2015 5:49 pm

I would say it's easy. Since phpbb by default will be a installed as a sub directory. So whatever you have configured on your web server, you don't need to change anything with it. Obrazek

clippittee

+ Odpowiedz

Strona 1 z 1