Zaloguj | Zarejestruj | FAQ
Anonymous

change site to wordpress

+ Odpowiedz

Re: change site to wordpress

przez tdespard » Cz mar 10, 2011 2:09 pm

I recommend changing to wordpress. It comes with the main hosting sites ie, godaddy, hostgator etc and is easy to install.

tdespard

przez frank » Cz mar 10, 2011 2:55 pm

GBG napisał(a):Yea i've been using wordpress a little bit, whats a good program for html as far as a website builder? Thanks guys.

You could try Dreamweaver, but it'll cost you :)

frank

przez didast » Pt mar 11, 2011 12:12 am

GBG napisał(a):Yea i've been using wordpress a little bit, whats a good program for html as far as a website builder? Thanks guys.

I really liked Dreamweaver and have used it for years. Frontpage used to be pretty good for beginners, but it had a bit of a problem with some of the coding so that some of the search engines didn't like and that's one of the reasons I switched from that to DW.

NVU is a free program and works pretty well to if you don't want to lay out the coin for a more expensive program.

didast

przez netboy » Pn mar 14, 2011 7:49 pm

donidion napisał(a):hello everyone, i am newcomer....
my question is i want to make website using wordpress...any one know about that ?thx

I have made a few with Wordpress. It is amazing and amazingly simple. The hardest part was uploading to my host but even that wasn't that hard. Using Wordpress is so simple, it is all WYSIWYG. There are loads of good plugins to add to Wordpress, just read any start up guide. PM me if you still need help.

netboy

przez fernandoescobar » Wt mar 15, 2011 3:57 am

I have been designing/developing websites for over 10 years since the early days of html. Today, I build 99% of all my projects on WP. You can pretty much do it all.

Regards,

fernandoescobar

przez hacksforcityville » Wt mar 15, 2011 6:55 pm

Ron, Seems like most agree to use WP. After you build your new site 1st, be sure to change your dns servers.

hacksforcityville

przez wellspear » Cz mar 17, 2011 6:42 am

Sounds very nice to change to Wordpress. I highly recommend it.

wellspear

przez Anastasia » So mar 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Wordpress is extremely easy once you learn how to drive it. Very quick and simple to create posts and pages and there are a million plugins to choose from that make it easier to manage your site.

Anastasia

przez lawsonphoto » Cz mar 31, 2011 12:40 am

It is possible and relatively easy to switch over to wordpress, and I do recommend this because wordpress is easy to use, and can be customized as your experience grows. Depending on what content you had on your old website (if you weren't controlling it, then probably not much) I would say it is definitely in your best interest to restart with wordpress -- start with the pieces you know...with basic themes and work your way up. Good luck!

lawsonphoto

przez lawrencebrubaker » Cz mar 31, 2011 12:09 pm

HTML.net napisał(a):It sounds like a good idea to start all over again with a new site.

I wise man once said that you should always try to do it yourself before you pay someone to do it. It might not be as difficult as you think. And even if you don't managed to it, you will know how much it's worth paying for.

And making your own website is actually both easy and fun. I would recommend that you start learning HTML and CSS. Even if you choose to use Word Press or some other CMS later, it will be a big advantage to know som basic HTML and CSS.

You can start right here: http://html.net/tutorials/html/

Good luck! And please use the forums if you have any questions.

- Andreas, HTML.net

helpful for me as well

lawrencebrubaker

+ Odpowiedz

1, 2, 3